Thursday, March 26, 2015

Tip for Coloring Shimmer Trim

Here is a tip for coloring your shimmer trim.  I started with our White Shimmer Trim.  It comes in all colors but I wanted it to be Thistle to match the paper I was working with.  Cut your shimmer trim a little longer than what you need and peel back a little of the backing and stick it to your mat. 
This will hold it down while you color it. 
I used the Peony Purple Shin Han alcohol marker to color.  Make sure you let the shimmer trim dry a bit before attaching it to your paper.  Ask me how I know this =).  I just wanted a little bit of the shimmer trim sticking out so I attached it to the back of the paper.  I used our  Non Stick Micro Scissors to trim the ends. 
And here is the card I made!  Hope you like it and hope this tip helps with coloring shimmer trim.  What tips do you have?  Please leave a comment below and let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment