Saturday, March 21, 2015

How To Fold A Cake

Yes, I'm going to tell you how to FOLD a cake not cut it.  It is a paper cake Pop Up Card from the Artfully Sent cartride on page 50.
I did not cut it at 7" as the booklet tells you. I cut it at 5 1/2 and then cut the card front at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. 
I then scored the card front at 4 1/4 with the Score Board.
Then I scored the pop up part of the card.  There are little tick marks on where to score so it doesn't matter where you place it on the Score Board. 
I didn't use the Cricut to cut the icing - I just measured the pop up and cut.  Let me tell you, I recommend using the Cricut, much less measuring.  Just keep your size at 5 1/2 when cutting the icing.
Now here is the hard part - Folding the Cake.  Just start bending on the tick lines.  Down the center of the card, at the middle of each layer and at the end of each layer.  Just slowly fold the parts until it is flat.  Then you can use your bone folder to make it all flat.  

Make sure you do your stamping on the inside before adhering to the card base.  And make sure you decorate the front of the card too.  
Put adhesive on one side of the pop up and slip inside the card and line it up with the fold and stick down.
Here you can see where I put the adhesive.  You want to make sure it is securely stuck down.
And here is the front of the card.  Done with some retired Sarita Papers and fabrics and a new stamp set called Happy To Be Friends .
And here is the inside of the card with the cake all FOLDED.
Thanks for looking!  Now go FOLD A CAKE!

No comments:

Post a Comment