Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Rose Blossom Challenge Blog - Challenge #8 - G Key

I'm playing along with the Rose Blossom Challenge blog again this time.  This time it is the G Key on the Artiste Cricut Cart.  I made a set of monogrammed note cards for my sister (luckily we have the same first initial).  I almost used up the last of my Buzz and Bumble scraps for this project.  I had some little 3 x 5 blank note cards and envies that I picked up at JoAnnes.  I covered them in Buzz & Bumble paper and ran some cocoa card stock through my Cuttlebug using my Honeycomb embossing folder.  For the box I used the O key - 3D Object cut at 5.25.  That gives you a box that is 5 1/4 x 3 5/8.  To decorate the outside of the box I cut the flower at 4" (Accent 1) and then I cut Accent 2 - the bow at 1 1/2.  I did not cut the tails of the bow.  I adhered the flower on top of the bow, added some burlap and a sparkle to cover up the brad.  (Hint: before you assemble the sleeve for the box you may want to decorate it first THEN adhere it together to slip over the box.  Ask me how I know that!) 


 

2 comments:

  1. Neat idea! I love that bow. The seal you made with the monogram stamp is really cool too. Thanks for sharing at the Rose Blossom Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne, these are great! Love the bow with the burlap and that seal is fantastic! Thanks for playing in the Rose Blossom Garden!

    ReplyDelete