Thursday, October 1, 2015

October Stamp of the Month Blog Hop - Twinkle

Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!  This month we will be featuring October's  SOTM, which is "Twinkle".  If you have come here from Jessica's Blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around.  If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog:  http://ifyoublingit.blogspot.com/p/stamp-of-month-blog-hop-list.html.

This month we have over 40 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!

I chose to use the new CTMH watercolor paints on this Christmas card.  I did a color wash in reds on watercolor paper.  Then I spattered some green from my paint brush and finally, I used a cotton swab dipped in alcohol and touched to the surface of the watercolor.  The watercolor jumps away from the alcohol and creates those white rings.  I mounted the finished piece on a 5 x 7 piece of Cranberry Card stock and attached it to a card front.  I then added some velum snow flakes from the White Pines Complement package. Some are glued directly to the watercolor and some are popped up with foam tape. 
Here is a tip to get your stamped image to show through the watercolors:  First I stamped the frame image in Archival black ink on watercolor paper and then I stamped the sentiment "Peace" inside the frame.  Then I used Elmer's Rubber Cement to paint over the stamped image. Let the glue dry and THEN use your watercolors.  When everything is completely dry you can rub away the rubber cement and the stamped image remains underneath.  See the example on the below card.

Now "Hop" on over to Jilena's Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! Remember, the SOTM is only available until !  Contact your CTMH Consultant (or click here) to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount!



4 comments:

  1. Those water rings are so clever, I will have to try this as they add a lot more depth to the finished card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I love the techniques you shared. I will have to try both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I every time spent my half an hour to read this web site's articles all the time along with
    a mug of coffee.

    Also visit my webpage ... review

    ReplyDelete